Are you the hunt for a burger recipe that will satisfy meat-lovers and vegetarians alike? If so, this amazing recipe for Black Bean Burgers is perfect for you! Made of creamy black beans and flavorful mushrooms, these burger patties use no flour or egg yet taste just as good as the meat alternative!
For the patties:
• 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 (3.5-oz.) package mushrooms, roughly chopped
• 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil & vegetable oil, for cooking
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
• 1/2 avocado, chopped
• 1/4 c. loosely packed cilantro or parsley leaves
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 tsp. smoked paprika
• 1 tsp. chili powder
• Toasted hamburger buns
• Sliced red onion
• Sliced avocado
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Spread beans in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Place mushrooms and onion on another large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake beans for 7 to 9 minutes. Bake mushrooms and onions until tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
2. Add beans, mushrooms, and onion to the bowl of a food processor, along with oats, avocado, cilantro, garlic, paprika, and chili powder. Blend until smooth, scraping downsides of the food processor as needed. Let mixture rest 10 minutes in the refrigerator, then form into 4 patties.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add veggie burgers to the skillet and cook until outside is crisp and golden.
4. Assemble burgers with preferred toppings.
Mix-up something scrumptious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Aviator Apartment Homes in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and put our updated, fully equipped kitchens to good use!