IKEA is known for its affordable and stylish line of furniture and home goods. Yet, there’s another thing that IKEA is known for, as well: delicious Swedish Meatballs served in-house. Recently, IKEA came forth with a recipe for the meatballs, which isn’t the secret recipe, but one close to the real deal. What do you think? Try this tasty recipe for IKEA’s Swedish Meatballs and let us know!
• 1 pound ground beef
• ½ pound ground pork
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• ½ cup breadcrumbs
• 1 egg
• 5 tablespoons whole milk
• Dash of oil
• 2 ½ tablespoons butter
• 1/3 cup flour
• 2/3 cup each vegetable and beef stock
• 2/3 cup heavy or whipping cream
• 2 teaspoons soy sauce
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef and pork, using your fingers to break up any lumps. Mix in finely chopped onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, and egg. Add milk and season with salt and pepper.
2. Shape mixture into small, round balls. Place on a clean plate, cover, and store in the fridge for two hours. Doing this before cooking will help them hold their shape.
3. In a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat. When hot, gently add meatballs and brown on all sides. Then, after the meatballs are browned, place in a hot oven, and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Melt butter in a pan. Whisk in flour and stir for two minutes. Add vegetable and beef stock and continue to stir. Add cream, soy sauce, and mustard. Bring to simmer and allow to thicken. Add meatballs and serve.
Master the art of cooking by joining Aviator Apartment Homes in Colorado Springs, Colorado in learning brand-new recipes. Not only will you impress your family and friends, but you will also enjoy a wider repertoire of culinary favorites.